Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Walk around sneak peak tour of the 2015 Mustang V6

At a recent event Ford had posed for our picture taking a 2015 Mustang with a stunning two tone Leather interior. Quizzing the Ford Rep I leanrned this is the base V6 with the premium leather upgrade.  It also had navigation and MyFordTouch...the car was locked as it was still a "prototype" so I couldn't get in and squish around in the seats and get interior pics.

The color was metallic gray that was absolutely stunning on the car.  Prolly a bugger to keep clean and shiny looking all the time, but very nice none-the-less.  This exact color combo inside and out is what I want for mine...providing the lovely Mrs Fraz is serious about letting me swap out her Milan for a new 'stang in another year or so.  I think she'll love this combo as much as I do as its similar to the '84LX she had when we were dating all those years ago.

Much has been written about the 2015 Mustang, a lot of it by me so I won't regurgitate it all again, google it and look around for the details.  In short the car will come in 3 flavors of powertrain, base V6 is 3.7L and slightly detuned from this year, a 305+bhp 2.3L Ecoboost and a 5.0L V8 to start at launch this fall.

The Ecoboost is my choice for a lot of reasons, less weight in the front will give it an edge in handling.  At cruise or bump and grind traffic it will be less thirsty than even the already thrifty V6. Plus it not being the V8 it will be cheaper to insure in the long run.

Much has been written about weight on the Mustang in the last few days. I was disappointed to learn that coming roof crush standards added weight to the car instead of the reported weight loss some 6 months ago.  Its still svelt compared to the Camaro, but I really expected better.  Weight gain is estmated to be 50 pounds on the base V6/ecoboost models and a whopping 200 lbs on a GT Premium.  The latter is quite a bit.

Ford has quite a bit of additional information on the 2015 Mustang on their web site HERE.  I'm quite anxious for them to opening up the "build your own" so I can option out what I want and begin stashing away the coinage for one of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment